Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 1 pound fresh wild mushrooms of your choice, cleaned and sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 cubes Dorot parsley
- 2 cubes Dorot garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
1. In medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter until nearly soft.
2. Add sliced wild mushrooms, garlic cubes, salt and pepper. Sauté for another five minutes.
3. Add Arborio rice and white wine to mushroom/rice mixture and mix well, allowing wine to absorb.
4. Add stock, cover and reduce to a simmer and cook until all liquid is absorbed. Towards end of cooking time, stir in parsley cubes and mix well.
5. Remove from heat and add ½ cup fresh parmesan. Use remaining ¼ cup as a garnish.