- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cubes Dorot Gardens Frozen Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6-8 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (plus more for serving)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and diced bell pepper and sauté for approximately five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stirring continuously, add the Dorot Garlic cubes and cook for one minute more.
- Add the salt, black pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in the can of diced tomatoes with its juices and bring to a low simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and use a potato masher to break down the onion, bell peppers, and tomatoes into small bits and pieces. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by at least half.
- Use a spoon to make small wells in the sauce. Carefully crack one egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for six to 10 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.