Z-oodles with Mock Meatballs
Recipe by: Ruth Bendkowski
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado oil can be used)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 pound eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 2 Cubes Dorot Gardens Frozen Garlic
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 1 cup chick peas
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 6 cubes Dorot Gardens Frozen Parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs or almond flour
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and eggplant. Cover and sauté covered until softened.
- In a food processor, combine sautéed onions and eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, pepper, garbanzo beans, cumin, parsley, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs/almond flour. Pulse to combine to a meaty texture (don’t puree).
- Shape mixture into 12 balls and place on a lined and greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to spiralize the zucchini into noodles.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and sauté for two minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve meatballs and marinara over zucchini noodles.